Sunday 11 March 2012

Mini Makeup Haul & Initial Review

My younger brother went to Florida recently so of course I had to ask him to pick up a couple of makeup items that I had my eye on for some time.

The Naked 2 palette is the newest addition to the Urban Decay line of eyeshadow palettes; I already own the first Naked palette so quiet naturally I had to go for the second edition since I am a makeup junkie. Side by side, both palettes look pretty similar but honestly when you take a closer look there are slight variations.... the Naked 2 palette has a matte black shade and it's a mixture of both cool and warm tones; they do however have an overlapping colour which is Half Baked (a shimmery golden colour). The palette rings in at USD$50 so it is on the pricey side, but remember that you are getting 12 full size eyeshadows which would normally run for USD$17 a piece. This palette is sturdier than its predecessor and also comes with an even larger mirror, a dual ended eyeshadow brush and a mini lipgloss in the shade Naked (a mid tone rosy colour). If your the type of person that loves to wear neutral/natural eye looks you will definitely love this, take a look!!







 

















































Here's a side by side shot of the Naked and Naked 2 palettes














The MAC Matchmaster (MM) foundation or as I call it 'the Smart Foundation' is a great liquid foundation which has translucent pigments that adjust to perfectly match your skin tone. Unlike typical MAC foundations which either come in an NC or NW shade, the MM comes in shades from 1 to 10; my shade is 8.5 and for reference I'm an NW47 in the Studio Fix Fluid (SFF). The foundation looked a little redder and darker than my SFF, but I was pleasantly surprised when I applied it, it blended in very well into my skin, it has a natural semi matte finish, it doesn't feel too heavy on the skin and best of all it has its own pump so you don't have to buy one separately... the first day I wore it to work everyone commented on how nice I looked. The only negatives are that it's not full coverage so some of my post acne marks were visible even though I layered on the foundation, it has a strange smell... similar to the SFF but the scent does wear off, it made my face look very oily by the end of the day and it runs for USD$33 but you do get a lot more foundation for your money. Nevertheless it's a great foundation, and I would give it an A-.





















Here's a side by side shot of the MM and SFF



 (If you want to figure out your ideal shade use this CHART courtesy of Temptalia.)


The MAC Watch Me Simmer lipstick comes from the recent Shop MAC Cook MAC collection. I unfortunately couldn't get the other shades of lipstick because they did sell out pretty quickly; I was very luck to even get this shade. It's a very bright pink orange and it's a great colour for the upcoming carnival and spring/summer looks... it just screams Look at ME!!! If you're bold and love to wear colourful lipsticks I say go for this one if you can get you hands on it.


  
I've never purchased any Avon products before, but an Avon rep here in Jamaica had a few products on sale so I of course had to purchase something right?! I was a little sceptical though so I opted to get the single eyeshadow in Midnight Plum for the whopping price of JMD$150 ;) which was a great deal IMO. It's a deep blue with dark purple undertones and its unlike anything that I have. After testing it, the biggest downfall is that it's not very pigmented at all, but I made it work by really packing it into my makeup brush and then applying it. Here's how it looks.




















If you guys check out any of these products let us know how you liked them.

See you later!!
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...