So for the longest while I have been searching for an eyeshadow primer in Hong Kong. I would go to cosmetic stores painfully explaining what I'm looking for in super basic English, but to no avail. So as always, if I can't get access to something, I try my hardest to make it myself. After doing some research I found a solution...homemade eyeshadow primer. I have been using this method since last October and it has been working great for me.
You will need:
- Hand/Body butter or cream. These are better to use than lotion because the consistency is thicker. Also, try to avoid scented body butters, because they may not be good to use around the eye area. I used Pond's skin cream.
- Foundation. Use any foundation of your choice. I used my MAC Studio Fix Fluid.
- Concealer. Try using a concealer that does not have a liquid consistency; creamy concealers are better. The NYX Concealer in a Jar is perfect for this.
- A small empty container. I got mine from a travel container set.
- Measuring utensil. For this I used tiny disposable spoons.
Portion out approximately equal parts for each ingredient; the concealer, foundation and body butter.
Add all the products to the container and mix well until perfectly blended.
I applied two layers of eyeshadow to different sections of my skin to demonstrate how great this homemade formula is. It also allows my eyeshadow look to last longer; up to 8hrs based on my experience. This is a great and cheap substitute for a store bought eyeshadow primer.
I hope this helps