Monday 21 November 2011

NYX Cosmetics: Soft Matte Lip Creams

After much debating, I decided that I would jump start a series of blog posts dedicated to my one of my favourite makeup brands….. NYX Cosmetics. The brand has a pretty impressive lineup of beauty products from their Mega Shine lip glosses to their highly pigmented eye shadows and tons of other makeup implements and tools to boot. I fell in love with the brand about two years ago when I was in the market for an inexpensive red lipstick and I came across a gorgeous shade of red from their Lip Smacking Fun Colors line called Electra (which you’ll see in a later post) and that was the beginning of my love affair (or obsession) with the brand. Oh! and might I add they are a cruelty free brand so no bunnies were hurt in the making of their products ;)

NYX recently came out with their Soft Matte Lip Cream and, as the name suggests, it’s a soft, smooth, cream/mousse textured product so it’s not like your typical lipstick or lip gloss. Over the course of several months I have collected six of the eleven colours to add to my makeup collection (if you’re interested in seeing the entire collection click here), they are:

San Paulo:  a bright reddish coral
Stockholm: a pinkish nude
Abu Dhabi: a brownish nude
Antwerp: a light coral
Addis Ababa: a bright mid toned pink
Monte Carlo: a deep rich red
(I’m not the best at describing colours but I hope this helped.)





I’m a sucker for nudes so my favourites are Stockholm and Abu Dhabi

Pros & Cons
When I first tried the lip cream I was impressed by the texture, it was unlike anything I’ve tried before and it applied very smoothly. They only last for a few hours after the initial application so I definitely have to reapply throughout the day; for me this isn’t anything out of the ordinary since I have to do the same thing with most of my lip products, but the real downside of the lip creams is the fact that they are VERY drying and sometimes cause flaking on my lips so this makes reapplying them a pain.  As for the packaging, the coloured tubes represent the actual shade of the product so they’ve taken the guess work out of it, and the wand is your typical doe foot applicator.

I normally order my NYX products from Cherry Culture when they go on sale, but if you’re unable to order them online there is a cute little shop located in the Pulse Complex in Kingston called Significant Details you can hop in and pick up as many as you like; she also has an online store and offers island wide delivery.

Hope you like the lip creams as much as I do. Let us know how they work out for you.
Debbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...